Tuesday 9 April 2013

My Room

Hello guys :) I'm so swamped with homework this week, but I'm trying my best to blog almost every day. Yesterday, while I was thinking of some things I could blog about which wouldn't take up too much time, I decided it would be kinda cool to show off my "new" room! This is my 4th bedroom. It used to be my brother's room, and I stole it from him when he moved out. :P




I centered the whole "theme" of my room around a quilt, pillow case and curtain set I bought from Urban Outfitters, called "Mexicali Roses". Each item was on sale - the quilt itself was only $40, which is an awesome deal because UO quilts are usually over $100! (This one was originally $130). Altogether we only paid $75 for a set that would have been over $200. Also from UO, I got 3 candle holders, which are meant to hang from the ceiling. I got them in purple, green and orange to match. As some of you may have noticed, I have a tendency to match everything, which I try to break out of but it's not easy!


So, this corner of my room is where I keep my easel, canvases, paintings, movies, desk, etc. The stuffed animals on my bed were given to me by my boyfriend! Underneath my bed I have two roll out drawers which I keep art supplies in, and I also keep extra canvases and my art portfolio down there.


I have a purple ledge going around half of the room, on which I like to place picture frames, and other random items that don't really have a place anywhere else. The two pictures of the cute little boy are just pictures of Nolan when he was little (my boyfriend, I'd just prefer to say his name!)


And on the other side of my bed, I have a little bookshelf, which has most of my books on it, my Kobo e-book reader, drawing tablet and journal.. and comfy boot slippers next to it. :)


Next to that is my futon with my cat stuffed animals (really I'm 5) and a better view of my curtain when there isn't light shining through.


On the other side of my room, next to my desk I have a shelf with all of my art supplies on it, including markers, paint, brushes, charcoal, palettes, etc. My Harry Potter calender is on the wall, and below that is a heater because our basement is freezing!


This is my favourite side of the room, with my closet, dresser and mirrors.


On one side of my closet I hang my scarves and belts, and if you notice in the corner, on the little purple ledge, I have an old flat and bug spray.. 'cause we get a lot of spiders and ants downstairs! On the top shelf I have some brown suede chukkas and oxfords, some dead roses.. kept one of a dozen from Nolan, and one from my parents I received after a musical I was in.


And on the other side I have some clothes hung, comfy sweaters on the top shelf and an accessory organizer (probably from Walmart). The purple looks a lot paler in this lighting, but it actually matches my room quite nicely. The pockets are a bit small though! I keep all of my hair accessories in it, like bows and scrunchies, etc.


And lastly, I wanted to include a picture of this corner of my room, where I keep all of my souvenirs (which were all given to me). The clock and pen are from Nolan and his mom, which they bought for me when they visited England, and they also brought me back a pen from Scotland. I have some bracelets and a necklace from Mexico, bangles from India, a lady bug toy from Costa Rica, and a bracelet from Arizona (also from Nolan's mom!). The paper sugar skull was made by myself, same with the little clay Pokemon. And next to all of that are my two art awards from middle school, and then a poster I got when I bought the Scott Pilgrim VS the World comic book collection!


That's it! I hope this post was kind of interesting. My room is always messy looking even when I clean it, and I find that my taste has changed a lot. Even though I love these colours and floral patterns, I'm really more into light colours for rooms now - much better lighting and way cuter. But I still like my room :) Hopefully this wasn't boring!

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! my fave part is your cute book collection!
    http://accioabigail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abigail! Haha.. could it be the Harry Potter books? :P

      Delete
  2. I'm so nosey, I love having a sneak peek at peoples rooms lol, love the style of it all and your bedding is fab! Can't go wrong with Harry Potter

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally agree :) haha, thank you very much!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog is amazing, I've followed <3

      Delete
  4. Your room is so cute! Love the ledge that goes around half of it :)
    I've tagged you in the 'Influences of the Internet TAG!' :) Here's the link if you'd like to do it: http://thetotalopposite.blogspot.com/2013/04/influences-of-internet-tag.html

    Monica x
    The Total Opposite

    ReplyDelete