Friday 22 February 2013

Yea's & Nays of Forever 21: Part 1

There is some "controversy" over the quality of Forever 21 products. I personally believe that in this case, you should expect to get what you've paid for. I discovered this store when I was in middle school and I didn't really have a "style". This store helped me become who I am and dress the way I want to - but that doesn't mean I haven't had my own moments of disappointment. Sometimes I'll online window shops for hours on expensive websites and then I visit Forever 21's website afterwards and I can get double the amount of clothes/accessories for a lot cheaper. This can sometimes be a really good thing, but of course there is always a downside..
However, in this post I'll be talking about some yea's, not nays!

 

 Excuse my sombre look... I'm definitely not a model haha! Okay so this skirt was one I bought a few years ago! I still love it to this day. It's nice to have right now, as military style is pretty "in". The top was part of my most recent purchase, which was about 6 months ago. It is a Star Wars crop sweater, which looks adorable tucked into skirts and I'm sure high-waist bottoms, but not so much on it's own... the crop is really wide because I got it in large, hoping that would add some length because I'm not a huge fan of crop tops on my body type. I'm still happy with it though!

 This peachy pink cardigan and white peter-pan collared blouse are two of my favourite purchases from Forever 21. The quality of the top is wonderful! Every time I have to wash it, I stretch it out before putting it into the drier for a small amount of time, and then stretch it some more afterwards because it seems to be pretty prone to shrinkage. So far it hasn't ripped on me... or shrunk (well if it did, I fixed it). The Cardigan looks very nice, but stretches very easily, just from rolling up the sleeves. After it is washed, the sleeves are nice and tight, but after 2 wears it starts to look kinda "dirty" almost, and the sleeves widen. Despite this, I still love the cardigan a lot and if it's all good after being washed, that's all that matters!

 This collared, polka dot top has an almost sheer texture to it. It's a "mullet" top, which I really love because I can wear it with leggings and it looks more natural! I'm not a huge fan of this on my body, but sometimes I can make it work. It also looks really nice with the pink cardigan above. The long, mustard yellow cardigan I'm wearing is super cute. I wore it with this shirt and a black pencil skirt to work last summer and my co-workers really loved the combination. 


 I will seriously cherish and adore this dress for as long as I can. It is a beautiful peach colour with a floral pattern (my favourite!) and the flowers are pink and purple in colour. I love the cut of the dress, and how flowy it is even when it's relaxed! It has some green accents in it, so I paired it with a forest green cardigan that I bought at some local boutique. This dress also looks very cute with the pink cardigan above.

So I'm going to be doing more posts like this probably. I'm going to go check my past orders on the website and find all of the names of the products I've bought. I'd also like to show some awesome accessories I've bought. My next post will probably be some "Nays" that I've received from Forever 21... but the good definitely outweighs that bad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment